As mentioned in yesterday’s post, my partners and I still haven’t been able to rent out Rental Property SH #1 yet. This past weekend, we decided to take action and invest additional capital towards some light rehab work. Over the last few weeks, we’ve had quite a number of open house showings, but have been unsuccessful in securing a tenant.
For whatever reason, we can’t seem to hook a tenant! After some internal discussions, we decided that we ought to focus our efforts on installing new laminate flooring in the upstairs bedrooms. In addition, we would also re-paint the bedrooms to a more neutral color. The bedrooms were previously painted red and blue… which failed to impress!
Hopefully, the edits will make a difference and help us create a more favorable impression with prospective tenants.
We are outsourcing the labor since each partner is busy working their own 9-5 day job… The target completion day is this upcoming Saturday. It’s going to be a challenge for us, but the objective is to secure a tenant by October 01.
Here are some pictures of the rehab work that was started today:
The bedrooms are all being painted swiss coffee; interior eggshell enamel… a much more neutral color.
I will have pictures of the new laminate floors once they’ve been installed and are ready to go. Let’s hope these changes help us secure a quality tenant… and SOON! 🙂