FI Fighter
≡ Menu

Key West, Everglades and Miami in Pictures (December 20 to January 2)

IMG_4427

It took awhile for me to get around to uploading my latest travel pics, but here they are! Key West, the Everglades, and Miami.

We stayed at the Sheraton in Key West, so I was able to jog this gorgeous path every morning and evening. Right next to the beach! 🙂

IMG_4363

The Southernmost Point in the Continental U.S… Hawaii has an even more southernmost point.

IMG_4367

Thanks to the suggestion from reader Josh, I got to stumble upon the Blue Heaven restaurant.

IMG_4376

Like entering into a jungle:

IMG_4375

Always in the mood for some more key lime pie:

IMG_4379

We did the Dry Tortugas tour, which is an island 70 miles west of Key West.

IMG_4325 IMG_4323 IMG_4334 IMG_4322 IMG_4319

On the drive up to Miami, we stopped in Marathon for some good ol’ seafood:

IMG_4384 IMG_4383

Then it was off to find Robert:

IMG_4387

This hit the spot (More key lime… and strawberry):

IMG_4389

The beautiful and one-of-a-kind Everglades National Park:

IMG_4394

What all the tourists (like me) wanted to see:

IMG_4400

Next, it was off to Miami, where it was a balmy 82 degrees… 🙂

IMG_4411

Miami Beach:

IMG_4427 IMG_4451

New Year’s Eve:

IMG_4464

Time to ring in the new year. Hello 2015!

IMG_4469 IMG_4476

All in all, the trip to Florida made for a good time! It was nice to get away and try something new. For myself, I think Key West was probably the highlight of the vacation. It’s really laid back out there, and in many ways reminded me of Hawaii.

For 2015, I don’t currently have any more vacations planned. However, I will be out in Cancun in June for my cousin’s wedding. Looking forward to more fun in the sun, as always. 🙂

{ 8 comments… add one }
  • JasonNo Gravatar January 11, 2015, 1:38 pm

Looks like a great trip. My wife has been to Key West but I haven’t. Definitely going to have to mark it down in my places to visit over the next couple of years.

• MichelleNo Gravatar January 11, 2015, 11:33 pm

Great pictures! Sounds and looks like a fun trip. We went to Key West a few years ago and really loved it.

• Jason @ Islands of InvestingNo Gravatar January 12, 2015, 2:26 am

Key West has never been on my radar, but if you say it reminds you of Hawaii then I might have to add it to my list (perhaps to coincide with a future family trip to DisneyWorld!).

Hope you have a fun 2015 whether you end up taking more vacations or not!

Cheers,

Jason

• Andrew@LivingRichCheaplyNo Gravatar January 12, 2015, 6:39 am

Love the pictures. We’ve been thinking about going to Key West. I enjoy scenic drives (Pacific Coast Highway was beautiful and the Road to Hana in Maui). And like Jason said…the comparison to Hawaii did it for me. My wife really wants to go back but it’s a long flight and now we have a little one. Key West might be a better choice for now.

• MNo Gravatar January 12, 2015, 7:22 am

mmmm, pie. There is not enough pie on PF blogs. So thanks for that! Now I want one. Unfortunately, key lime is very hard to get hold of in the UK. Gonna have to make it meself

• ElroyNo Gravatar January 12, 2015, 8:12 am

Sweet pics! Let’s hear the travel hacking details!

• No Nonsense LandlordNo Gravatar January 12, 2015, 3:05 pm

Key West is a favorite of mine. FL is a great place in the Winter.

• JoshNo Gravatar January 22, 2015, 6:33 am

Looks like you had fun! Did you think the Tortuga trip was worth it? I always waffle about doing it but never want to give up a full day to get out there.