Wow, so a lot has been going on these past few months~ I haven’t been able to update this site as regularly as I would like, but I’m hopeful that all the “excitement” is now over, and I can regain my normal schedule/routine again.
In short, here’s what’s been going on:
- Closed Rental Property #2 and rented it out for $2150/month. Spent about $20k in repairs (more than I originally budgeted for).
- Had to cash out all of my remaining dividend stocks to pay for the renovation. As of today, I own 0 shares and my dividend portfolio is worth $0.
- Had to deal with another renovation in my own residence which meant sporadic internet connection and lots of stuff moving around. That’s finally complete now, so hopefully I can update this blog more regularly again.
- Work banned all internet traffic that’s non-work related. This made it even more difficult to check in on this blog…
- Took a gamble and bought 260 shares of Tesla Motors (TSLA) stock before earnings for a cost basis of around $55/share. For some reason, I started seeing the Model S EVERYWHERE, and just had a hunch the stock would skyrocket. I sold ESPP stock to fund this. I know, I realize I’m committing Dividend Growth Investing treason since I’m a believer in DGI … This type of strategy definitely does NOT fit my long-term gameplan. It’s a gamble, and I know that. I’m taking that risk for now…
- Am starting to consider out-of-state investment properties. I’ve been meeting with some contacts and am learning that it is very possible to achieve 25%+ cash-on-cash returns. These type of returns simply don’t exist in my own real estate market, and I’m not good enough with stocks to even attempt to achieve this. I’m intrigued and am doing research to learn more about these opportunities. Again, I believe in cash flow, and whether it be from dividend stocks or real estate, if I can get those type of returns, I’m all ears!
That’s all for now. Have a great weekend everyone!