New to the Yakezie Challenge!

by FI Fighter on May 9, 2012

in Site Update

I am excited to announce that fifighter.com has signed up for the Yakezie Challenge! Yakezie’s motto is “selflessly helping others”. I have only been on the forums for about a week, and must say, it has already been a wonderful experience. The members there are truly first class, offering great tips and unparalleled support.

Although FI Fighter is a relatively new website, I am committed to growing this over the long haul.  As part of the challenge, I will need to post 2-4 quality entries each week, for the next 6 months. Here are more details of the challenge: http://yakezie.com/896/personal-finance/the-yakezie-challenge-is-open-to-everyone/

We are starting with an Alexa ranking of: 6,243,918

The challenge of building up fifighter.com will run parallel with the path to early financial independence. Let’s get started! 🙂

1 Thad P @ thadthoughts.comNo Gravatar May 9, 2012 at 7:46 pm

Welcome to the challenge! Hang on! It’s a fun ride.

2 FI FighterNo Gravatar May 9, 2012 at 11:00 pm

Thanks Thad! Looking forward to the drop, I love rollercoasters 🙂

3 Rich@Life Compass BlogNo Gravatar May 9, 2012 at 10:20 pm

Great to meet you here and in the Yakezie Forum. Welcome!

4 FI FighterNo Gravatar May 9, 2012 at 11:02 pm

Nice to meet you Rich! I see you’re also new to Yakezie. A warm welcome to you as well!

5 AverageJoeNo Gravatar May 10, 2012 at 6:03 am

Welcome to the party, FI! My partner OG and I started the challenge at the beginning of December. We’ve met a ton of great people who are willing to help whenever we need a hand.

I’d like to also extend that hand…if you need help, feel free and shoot me a note. I don’t know what the hell I’m doing, but I’m happy to share stories about the walls we’ve hit.

If there was one thing I’d wished someone told me when I started that I didn’t know until later, it’s this: don’t pay too much attention to your Alexa ranking. That’ll come down with the territory. Write good content, build a community and be a good team player with other Yakezies (and other bloggers in general). The rest takes care of itself.

6 FI FighterNo Gravatar May 10, 2012 at 9:32 pm

AverageJoe,

Thanks for extending such hospitality, I appreciate it! Feel free to contact me as well (I still need to setup a contact page :).

That’s also great advice that can also be applied in other aspects of life. It’s always nice to move up in rankings, but I agree that the primary focus should be on creating quality content. Sort of like how senior co-workers will tell new hires not to worry about the salary when first starting out. Instead, work hard, build strong relationships, and become an asset to the company.

7 bogofdebtNo Gravatar May 10, 2012 at 8:49 am

Keep active in the forums, comment/network and your ranking will drop in no time. I know because I joined in March and mine has dropped quite a bit. Have fun in the challenge!

8 FI FighterNo Gravatar May 10, 2012 at 9:35 pm

bogofdebt,

Thanks! Glad to hear your site is having success, especially so early in the game. Best of luck to you!

9 Robert @ The College InvestorNo Gravatar May 11, 2012 at 12:48 am

Welcome to the challenge and good luck! Keep interacting and meeting members, and you’ll get there in no time!

10 FI FighterNo Gravatar May 12, 2012 at 8:59 pm

Thanks Robert! I’m sure we’ll be seeing a lot of each other over on the forums 😉

11 Kurt @ Money CounselorNo Gravatar May 11, 2012 at 8:17 am

Good luck FI Fighter, see you on the Yakezie forum!

12 FI FighterNo Gravatar May 12, 2012 at 9:01 pm

Thanks Kurt! Will see you over at Yakezie!

13 Kris @ BalancingMoneyandLifeNo Gravatar May 12, 2012 at 8:04 pm

Good for you for jumping in right away! I rally need to get signed up – I procrastinate something awful. Good luck with the challenge!

14 FI FighterNo Gravatar May 14, 2012 at 7:04 pm

Join us Kris! You won’t regret it! 😉

15 Financial SamuraiNo Gravatar May 17, 2012 at 10:21 pm

Good luck mate!

16 FI FighterNo Gravatar May 17, 2012 at 11:10 pm

thanks Samurai!

17 JefNo Gravatar January 12, 2017 at 4:43 pm

Nice work FI Fighter, sure you’ve become a massive blog superstar and looking forward to following your rise to this over the last 4 and a bit years through your archive!

Love your work 🙂