Teranga Gold – Gold Producer With Exploration And Growth Upside

by FI Fighter on April 17, 2017

in Precious Metals, Seeking Alpha

Teranga Gold (OTC:TGCDF) is a mid-tier West African gold producer that has a foothold in three countries: Senegal, Burkina Faso, and continue reading at Seeking Alpha

Photo Credit: Teranga Gold

1 NiklasNo Gravatar April 21, 2017 at 8:49 am

Hi!

Teranga is a very interesting case and I have just recently opened a small position after reading your post. Have you shared your insight on gold price any deeper at some post? I mean I have absolutely no competence guessing where the gold price might move within the next 5 years or so. In 2007 the price was at around 700$ why do you think it’s so unlikely that it would return to those levels?

I would be buying much more if I had more confidence in preditcing gold price movements 🙂

Thanks in advance for your comment and for the great blog! I am a long time reader but first time commenting.

2 FI FighterNo Gravatar April 24, 2017 at 7:09 pm

Niklas,

Thanks for stopping by! In regards to gold price, I have no idea where it’s going next, but I am quite optimistic that we won’t see sub $1,000 again… I just think demand will outstrip supply at those levels for the physical metal, so there’s a natural floor to keep it from crashing too far…

But what do I know? I’m just speculating here… 🙂

In any case, I really like Teranga at these prices.

3 JCNo Gravatar April 24, 2017 at 6:17 am

Hey Jay, will you still be posting on this blog in the future or should I be looking for updates on Seeking Alpha?

4 FI FighterNo Gravatar April 24, 2017 at 7:10 pm

JC,

Oh for sure I will keep blogging on here! Seeking Alpha just provides another platform for me to share my thoughts and reach a different (and much larger) audience.

5 Midwestern LandlordNo Gravatar April 24, 2017 at 12:11 pm

I continue to be very impressed with your investing strategy and results. It almost appears easy though I am sure you do a fair amount of research and thought. It does not fit my comfort level, but you can’t argue with the results.

Until proven otherwise I am convinced you can beat the market. Maybe you should start a hedge fund.

Congrats on your success.

6 FI FighterNo Gravatar April 24, 2017 at 7:13 pm

Midwestern Landlord,

Thanks for the support! It isn’t always easy and 2017 has been a pretty tough year for precious metals/lithium, so I’m just doing my best to hang in there… 2016 was definitely much easier gains, but every year is different and that’s part of the challenge.

I’m flattered that you think I can beat the market! I seriously doubt my own capabilities to do so for an extended period of time (and I don’t plan to keep trying!), but I thought precious metals and mining stocks in particularly were so hated in 2015 that it made for a buying opportunity of a lifetime… So far, anyone who got in during the depths of despair is still outperforming the overall market, despite the recent setbacks… I’m just hoping for another rip or two before I cash out for good.

Eventually, I would love to get back to cash flowing real estate again! This current focus is just a short-term deviation from the underlying goal — Perpetually growing and sustainable cash flow!