Early FI – Starting over Today (What I Would Do)

by FI Fighter on September 10, 2017

in Cobalt, Copper, Cryptocurrencies, Lithium, Nickel, Podcast, Precious Metals, Thoughts

Topics of discussion for the week ending in September 8, 2017:

Clean Energy, Lithium, Cobalt, Copper, Nickel, Graphite, Gold, Silver, Mining Stocks, Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum, Cryptocurrencies.

Continue at Steemit

1 ChenNo Gravatar September 11, 2017 at 8:09 am

Great informative video!

For an investor like myself who is busy as f**K and don’t have enough time to dig deep into individual stocks, do you recommend any funds that would allow for diversifying into clean energy?

2 FI FighterNo Gravatar September 14, 2017 at 12:11 am

Chen,

This is the most popular ETF that I am aware of for clean energy:

I’m not a fan of it personally, but can’t argue with the performance year-to-date.

3 ChenNo Gravatar September 14, 2017 at 8:11 am

Thanks buddy, which brokerage do you use for buying/sell?

4 FI FighterNo Gravatar September 14, 2017 at 8:53 am

Mostly Schwab Global for foreign stocks and Schwab One and Vanguard for US stocks.

5 American Dividend DreamNo Gravatar September 11, 2017 at 12:34 pm

Listened to the whole video and enjoyed it a lot. I have been watching/reading your blog for a while now and you are killing it!

Along the same lines as above, if you had to pick six stocks out of your current portfolio to invest in, what would they be?

Ideally I’d like to diversify into the 2 best stocks of gold miners, silver miners, clean energy miners… 6 total.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Currently, I like your BGS, AVZ, ARL picks but I fear I am getting in too late.

6 FI FighterNo Gravatar September 14, 2017 at 12:14 am

ADD,

Very tough to pinpoint exactly, but I’ll give it a shot for you (based off of my feelings today):

gold: Pure Gold Mining (PGM.V) and Marathon Gold (MOZ.TO)
silver: Dolly Varden Silver (DV.V) and Almaden Minerals (AAU)
lithium: Birimian Limited (BGS.AX) and Pilbara Minerals (PLS.AX)
cobalt: eCobalt Solutions (ECS.AX) and Ardea Resources (ARL.AX)
copper: MOD Resources (MOD.AX) and Nevsun Resources (NSU)

Hope that helps.

7 qfqwefqwefqefweNo Gravatar September 13, 2017 at 3:05 pm

@American Dividend Dream

Clean Energy: Nzuri Copper still cheap and promising
Gold: Sarama Resources
Lithium: Birimian

The rest of FiFighters Portfolio had a great run up as far as I know

8 FI FighterNo Gravatar September 14, 2017 at 12:14 am

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Nzuri is a sleeper pick for copper/cobalt for sure!

9 American Dividend DreamNo Gravatar September 14, 2017 at 7:23 am