Taking Time Off (August 21, 2015)

by FI Fighter on August 21, 2015

in Blog Update, Health Updates

Starting today, I will be taking some time off to get away from everything… I’ll be out of town and hopefully as far as away from technology as possible.

I’m in search of inner peace… I will begin a spiritual journey to better connect myself with our Mother Earth.

It’s time to focus on some other (more important) things than just early FI and finance…

Although the journey to early FI is not yet complete, I believe that I have done everything that I possibly can to position myself for future success. It isn’t always easy, and many of the thoughts and strategies that I have implemented over the years will not resonate with others who are also on the journey.

That’s perfectly fine… If anything, it makes for some great debates and discussions. 🙂

One thing I’ve realized over the years is this — You have to stay true to yourself.

You won’t always be right… In fact, you’ll probably be wrong more times than right.

But learning doesn’t happen overnight… And in the end, you’ve got to go with your conviction and gut, even if it goes against the grain and popular sentiment.

With that said, I want to say “THANK YOU” to all the readers for your support through the last 4 years. It’s been a pretty amazing journey so far and I sincerely appreciate everything — comments, e-mails, meet ups, etc. It’s been an incredible ride…

Now, it’s time to focus on something else…

“For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I’m suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I’m not leaving… maybe I’m going home.” — Vincent Freeman, Gattaca

You’ve only got one life to live!

Be real.

Be true.

Be yourself.

I’ll be back soon. Take care everyone! Until next time…

1 FFdividendNo Gravatar August 21, 2015 at 9:19 am

No!!!! i enjoy reading your posts!!

well take care. hope you start to write soon.

2 Midwestern LandlordNo Gravatar August 21, 2015 at 12:22 pm

Enjoy the time off. That is the reason why we work so hard for FI, the freedom it gives us.

3 BrandonNo Gravatar August 21, 2015 at 1:11 pm

Good luck!

Gattaca is one of my favorite movies!

4 ElleNo Gravatar August 21, 2015 at 2:35 pm

Best of luck! I will definitely miss your posts.

Good for you for doing what’s right for you. I hope you enjoy your time off 🙂

5 Doan DuongNo Gravatar August 21, 2015 at 2:57 pm

Enjoy your time off, but dont stop blogging. It’s a good way to get your thoughts out and share your experience. Write once a week or once every two weeks, whatever you comfortable with.

6 Dividend HustlerNo Gravatar August 21, 2015 at 11:01 pm

Do what you gotta do FIF. Take a break, focus and work on yourself. Most importantly, find your calling and purpose.
I hope you will always blog and keep us updated with your interesting life.
I wish you the best.
May we have continued health and wealth. God bless. Cheers my friend.

7 No Nonsense LandlordNo Gravatar August 22, 2015 at 5:19 am

Enjoy the time off, but do not lose sight of the goal. You have a lot of years to support yourself, and jumping off the treadmill too early could leave you with less than you need.

8 DPNo Gravatar August 22, 2015 at 6:15 am

Good luck! Reading through some of your posts, I keep thinking of Josh Waitzkin and his book “The Art of Learning”. If you haven’t read it, I highly recommend it – seems like you have a similar train of thought when it comes to self improvement and learning. Anyway, enjoy your time away!

-DP

9 george puckNo Gravatar August 23, 2015 at 11:14 pm

Hey, I hope everything is ok with you.

I have really enjoyed your blog, I dont always agree with everything you do, but I really enjoy hearing about the thought process.

And you have done well.

I hope we continue to hear from you.

10 Alexander @ CashFlowDiariesNo Gravatar August 24, 2015 at 5:17 pm

Well said! Enjoy life my friend! We only live on this beautiful earth once and it’s better to enjoy it when you’re younger. (In my opinion)

11 AlisaNo Gravatar August 25, 2015 at 6:22 am

This seems like a natural progression that you’re making. We all need to connect more with our environment, especially the way the world is going. Enjoy the journey.

12 theFIREstarterNo Gravatar August 25, 2015 at 10:02 am

Good luck finding that inner peace mate!
I see the markets have been dropping like a bomb since you left… haha 🙂
Maybe this is the start of something much worse, interesting times ahead that is for sure.

Cheers and hope to see you back writing soon

13 NunoNo Gravatar August 26, 2015 at 9:04 am

Just love your blog and read it regularly.
Enjoy your time off, and keep writing here time to time…
Thanks!!

14 JCNo Gravatar August 29, 2015 at 2:05 am

Enjoy the time off and away from everything. My wife and I left for about 1.5 weeks to go to Colorado and get away from everything after our son died earlier this month. I hate to have a recommendation for anyone dealing with that but if you can…get away for a bit! Enjoy and hopefully you can find your inner peace!