FI Fighter
≡ Menu

Comments Section Not Working (September 05, 2014)

Update: 9/05: Issue resolved! Needed to install a Thesis 1.85 patch to get the comments to show up again…

I updated to WordPress 4.0 this morning, and for whatever reason, it looks like that update caused the comments section to disappear. 🙁

I can still see the comments in my dashboard view, but they appear to be hidden on every post (both comment and reply).

Is anyone else witnessing this with 4.0? Any ideas on how to fix it? If so, please shoot me an e-mail, or leave a comment. You won’t be able to see your comment, but I will through the dashboard…

This is a bit of a nuisance, so I’m hoping it’s an easy fix. Otherwise, I’ll have to dedicate some time this weekend to fixing this… First step, disable all plugins and see if that does anything… I’ll give it a shot later tonight after work.

Sorry for the inconvenience everyone!

{ 7 comments… add one }
  • FI FighterNo Gravatar September 5, 2014, 7:03 pm

Known problem with the Wordpress theme I am using… I uploaded the patch and all should be working again!

Sorry once again for all the trouble! 🙂

• Joshua DorkinNo Gravatar September 5, 2014, 8:33 pm

I’ve noticed the same thing. It looks like you’re using Thesis as well. Where did you find the patch? Got a link?

• FI FighterNo Gravatar September 5, 2014, 8:56 pm
  • Joshua DorkinNo Gravatar September 5, 2014, 9:06 pm

Awesome! Thanks for the assist.

• SundeepNo Gravatar September 6, 2014, 8:29 am

Working now, thanks for taking the time to fix this!

• debs @ debtdebsNo Gravatar September 8, 2014, 2:52 pm

Oh, wow… Thanks for sharing. I have not done my upgrade yet as I’m afraid of breaking something and I’m not sure if I have backed up my site properly yet. 🙁 I’ve been wondering how many people have upgraded or not yet. Glad you got it working again in short order!

• DoneByFortyNo Gravatar September 8, 2014, 7:47 pm

Looks good now! Congrats on the upgrade.