Back to Work: Play Time is Over! (August 29, 2014)

by FI Fighter on August 29, 2014

in Blog Update

thai_massage

I’m back from my round-the-world expedition and have a million stories (and pictures) to share with everyone! I gotta say, this vacation did wonders for: mind, body, spirit, and soul. I feel recharged and ready to get back in the swing of things! 🙂

I’m still recovering from all the jet lag, but am excited to get back to business! Later on today, I will work on responding to all the e-mails and comments that I’ve been getting these past few weeks. For anyone still waiting for a response, I apologize for the delay! Internet connection was pretty sporadic while traveling, and I spent so much time in the air flying (not complaining at all, mind you, flying first class was a serious treat!).

It’s good to be back…

With that said, for anyone else who is feeling stressed out, or burned out from the day-to-day grind, I would completely, wholeheartedly encourage you to find a way to take some extended time off to travel and recover. Overwork is toxic… I’m finding that an extended bout of rest and relaxation is exactly what is needed to get out of that rut.

The feeling of rejuvenation is priceless… As I learned from my previous vacation to Hawaii in January, 2-3 weeks off every six months or so is what I need to keep running the rat race. When I get to take time off (I even go unpaid these days if I don’t have enough vacation days remaining), consistently, work doesn’t appear as daunting or overwhelming. There’s always a light at the end of the tunnel that I’m striving towards…

Speaking of the rat race, I have a lot of EXCITING news to share with everyone… Stay tuned! 🙂

1 J. MoneyNo Gravatar August 29, 2014 at 8:11 am

Welcome back brotha! You’re only allowed to go away again if you bring me with you 🙂

2 writing2realityNo Gravatar August 29, 2014 at 8:47 am

Amen to that! And welcome back FI! Looking forward to hearing about the trip and your FI news!

3 FI FighterNo Gravatar September 2, 2014 at 7:18 am

writing2reality,

Thanks! It feels great to be back. Hopefully I can get to the updates and FI news this week!

4 FI FighterNo Gravatar September 2, 2014 at 7:17 am

Thanks brother! Haha, I’ve used up all my vacation time, so will be back in the grind for the foreseeable future… sigh…

Keep on hustlin!

5 Mrs. FrugalwoodsNo Gravatar August 29, 2014 at 9:55 am

Welcome back! Glad to hear you had such a relaxing and fabulous time–I’ll admit I’m more than a little jealous :). Looking forward to seeing the photos!

6 FI FighterNo Gravatar September 2, 2014 at 7:18 am

Mrs. Frugalwoods,

Thanks! I had a wonderful time overseas, and travel hacking was extremely good to me. I will have to do a write up soon!

7 JC @ Passive-Income-Pursuit.comNo Gravatar August 30, 2014 at 12:31 pm

Glad to have you back and I can’t wait to hear about the trip! I’m sure it was an absolute blast. Any ideas for your next vacation?

8 FI FighterNo Gravatar September 2, 2014 at 7:20 am

JC,

The trip was something I will remember for the rest of my life. It was pretty incredible.

Pictures and updates soon!

For my next vacation, I would like to explore Europe more. I only got to stop by the Frankfurt airport, but the food was so good there, I want to explore Germany now :). Also Switzerland, Paris, Florence, etc. etc. The list doesn’t end… I’ve got the travel bug now 😉

9 No Nonsense LandlordNo Gravatar August 31, 2014 at 10:11 pm

Welcome back!

10 FI FighterNo Gravatar September 2, 2014 at 7:21 am

Thanks Eric! Good to be back!

11 The Keichi OneNo Gravatar September 2, 2014 at 2:23 pm

Stop by Japan again anytime FIFighter!

12 FI FighterNo Gravatar September 3, 2014 at 6:02 am

Thanks Keichi, it was great getting the chance to meet you and talk about early FI!

Fight on!

13 SundeepNo Gravatar September 5, 2014 at 2:20 pm

Is it me or are comments not showing up for anyone else?

As I write this, it says there are 12 comments to read below, but all there is is this comment box?

And welcome back!!